- International Women's Day screening of Speed Sisters, a film about women, by women.
- A screening of Kent Jones's acclaimed documentary about the meeting of two filmmaking legends: Hitchcock/Truffaut, + Q&A. Hitchcock's masterpieces Vertigo and Psycho also have extended runs at the BFI to accompany Jones's documentary.
- A rare chance to see director Jean-Luc Godard's audio-visual history of cinema, in Histoires du Cinema.
- Ben Wheatley's highly anticipated adaptation of JG Ballard's High-Rise previews at the BFI, with the director appearing for a Q&A after.
- The BFI African Odysseys strand presents a screening of Bentley Dean and Martin Butlers' Tanna.
March Main Film and TV Seasons:
The final part of this retrospective focuses on Godard’s historical films and videos, and the astonishing creativity and vitality of his most recent work.
Unfaithfully Yours: The comedies of Preston Sturges
Concluding the BFI’s Preston Sturges season with some of the most furious and hysterically funny films to come out of Hollywood in the 40s.
The Gentle and the Strong: The Documentaries of Frank Cvitanovich
A sense of intimacy and wonder pervades the remarkable documentaries of Frank Cvitanovich.
John Lasseter: A Decade at Disney
More much-loved titles made under Lasseter’s creative leadership at Disney.
See BFI Website for full listings of events and screenings.