Highlights from July:
- City of London Festival: Singapore on Film - Wed 1 - Thu 2 Jul- with a special focus on Singapore on film through 3 films.
- East End Film Festival – Sat 4 – Thu 9 Jul- includes Terrence Malick's documentary about the Native American gang crisis in Minnesota: The Seventh Fire .
- Fare Thee Well: 50 Years of Grateful Dead - Mon 6 Jul- For one night only, a chance to see Grateful Dead play together for the last time. A once-in-a-lifetime reunion captured live the night before broadcast at Soldier Field in Chicago. This epic event takes place nearly 20 years to the day of the last Grateful Dead concert with Jerry Garcia.
- Station to Station - Thu 9 - Thu 26 July- various screenings and evenings as part of Station to Station: A 30 Day Happening across the Barbican Centre, includes Doug Aitken’s film Station to Station.
- London Premiere: Queens of Syria + ScreenTalk with Yasmin Fedda - Wed 15 Jul
- Walthamstow Garden Party Pop Up Cinema - Sat 18 and Sun 19 Jul
- Nan Goldin and Friends - Mon 6 - Wed 15 Jul- Photographer Nan Goldin has always stressed the importance of cinema on her work, calling it her ‘number one medium’ and picking out Hollywood classics of the 1940s and 50s, and European art cinema as favourites. This series draws on the work of her contemporaries in New York’s downtown film scene in the late 1970s and early 1980s. In three of the four programmes within this series, Goldin had direct involvement, either as a cameo appearance or as a stills photographer on the shoot. The fourth screening, High Art, is the 1998 film by Lisa Cholodenko, which was inspired by Goldin’s life and personality. Also includes films from Vivienne Dick , filmmaker and friend of Goldin.